Monday, January 4, 2016

What is Stormy Talking about?


So this is my first attempt to get on the blogging train, or whatever you want to call it. And the first thing you might ask is why? That is a good question, and I guess the truth is I feel like a lot of stuff is going on in my life right now and who knows it might be useful later to remember it.

Why this year?


Well this is the year I was selected for the Western States Endurance Run and so my whole year, starting back in November will be geared to that race in November. Oh and I am getting married or whatever, back to running.

Who am I?

Well most of you know me, I am Stormy. No, my last name is not weather. But I am a local runner who has been around the block a few times but still feel fairly new to the scene. My first race was the 2009 Tulsa Run 5k, and I only started running that October of 2009. In my stupid plan, I went on to do my first half-marathon in November of 2009, then my first 50k in February of 2010, and by November of that 2010 I ran my first 100 mile race. Since then I have completed six 100 mile runs and the WSER will be my lucky number 7.


But this blog is not really about me, it is about the people that I run with. What I am most proud of in my short time running are the people that I have trained with and the things they have accomplished. I have helped many runners tackle their first ultramarathon or longest race. I have led crews or paced for some incredible performances, and got to see my far share of spectacular failures. I have had the chance to share my beloved Turkey Mountain with many new runners. My running heroes, like Kathy Hoover and Ken Childress, have let me help them in putting on some amazing running events. And some people say I have my own annual running event that I keep alive, but that is mostly speculation. 


What is this thing going to be about?

Mostly this little column will be about training. As you can imagine I will be running a lot over the next year. But more than numbers and miles, I hope for this to be a place to share some of the stupid stories about the things all of us runners go through in the build up to that one shot, Race Day.
Join me as I run all over Tulsa and everywhere else, with some of the best people around.


3 comments:

  1. Running is stupid ;) look foreward to following your training as I endure mine. You do know running is bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is stupid ;) look foreward to following your training as I endure mine. You do know running is bad for you.

    ReplyDelete